Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 11, 2010

 I got the idea to blog about my pregnancy from my friend, Jessica, who is also expecting. I think it's a great way to keep those of you who I don't see frequently aware of what's going on with baby. It's also my way to control my anxiety about being a first time mommy. Now, on with my post!

This date may not mean anything to anyone else, but it is the day my life changed forever. On that day, a Tuesday, at 6:27pm I got a positive result on a pregnancy test. We had decided in January that we wanted to have a baby. That day was the day I finally saw the blue plus sign. I had pictured this moment in my mind at least a dozen times over the past 5 months. My reaction as I stood in the bathroom was not at all what I pictured. I looked at myself in the mirror and started laughing from the excitement of it all. I could not wait to tell B!
I went to pick him up from his Tuesday golf league and the words just wouldn't come out. As we pulled down our street, this is the conversation we had:
Me: When I take the pregnancy test, do you want me to tell you right away or wait?
B: Right away. I want to know when you know
Me: Well I know. 
B: And?
Me: It's blue.
B: What does that mean?
Me: I guess it means your going to be a daddy. 
And that's how it happened! Soon I'll blog about how we told our parents and our first doctor's appointment complete with our first ultrasound photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment